DVMS is offering
both Casa a nd Elementary camp s during the first week of March Break.
- Cost of both camps is $210 for the week. Casa half-day camp cost is $105 for the week.
- DVMS March Break Camps are open to current DVMS students and students from other CCMA-accredited Montessori schools.
- Children should come to camp each day with a nutritious packed lunch, a water bottle, and weather-appropriate outdoor clothing.
- There is no early drop-off or late pick-up during March Break Camps.
- You can sign up March Break Camps right here. (Also a fillable, or download and printable, .pdf version here).
Due to low enrolment, the Elementary Camp has been cancelled.
Elementary Camp will be run by Lower Elementary North guide Jodi. The Elementary March Break Camp’s will focus on the cultural exploration of fundamental needs and the children will design different projects based on different areas of humans’ fundamental needs. We will be exploring the history of musical instruments from various cultures, building instruments out of recycled materials, and constructing various shelters; other projects will be based on the children’s interests and ideas. They will need to bring some recycled materials from home once they know what instrument they will be building.
Casa Camp will be hosted by DVMS afterschool staff Dawn and Armando. Dawn and Armando have completed their Montessori Casa assistants training and will be bringing their unique talents as artists to this Music, Art, and Outdoors Camp. They have kindly provided a breakdown of the planned camp activities and schedule:
Please make sure kids are dressed appropriately for CAMP activities.
9:00-9:30 Arrival in the gym
9:30- 9:45 Welcoming songs, name games, circle songs
11:30-12:30 Outdoor play/ Half days go home
12:30-: 12:45 Story
12:45 – 1:15 Prepare and eat afternoon snack
1:15 – 2:00 Outdoor walk depending on day and weather
2:00 – 2:30 Craft
2:30 – 3:00 Gym time (games)
3:00-3:30 Dismissal from the gym
Decorate camp shirt
Big cardboard box club house
Polar bear (chalk on paper)
Game day (pin the tale on the donkey, twister, hackie sack throw, etc.)
Snacks: (be sure to include any allergy/sensitivity/restrictions info on camp registration form)
Watermelon pizza (watermelon slices with thin sliced kiwi, strawberries, etc. for toppings)
Yogurt with granola and fruit
Banana on a stick, kids can roll it in cheerios, sprinkles, etc.