November is a quiet month in terms of extra events and activities going on at DVMS. We have all enjoyed the beautiful weather this week and got out for some walks in the neighbourhood.
Remember, Friday is a PD Day and DVMS is closed (hence the update on Thursday). Have a great weekend!
- Lower Elementary South (Noeleen and Catherine): Lower South have begun swimming on Mondays and Fridays. The class is split into two groups with one group swimming on Mondays and the other group swimming on Fridays. Please ensure your child’s clothing and swimwear are easy for them to change in and out of, they have a bag that is easy for them to carry, and that any goggles are properly fitted. Lower South Parents: Please see the email you received from the Lower South guides to see which group your child is in.
- Lower Elementary North (Jodi and Carol): Lower North begins gymnastics at the Hamilton Gymnastics Academy on Friday, November 13. Please ensure the children wear or bring appropriate clothing for gymnastics on those days. They are required to wear socks (no shoes or bare feet) in the gym. A water bottle is good to have too. Children are bused to and from the gym.
- Upper Elementary (both classes): Begin dance on Friday, November 13. Throughout November, DVMS Upper Elementary students will be busting moves with Hayley Paone of Ancaster’s iNhayle Dance Company. This activity will take place at DVMS. Please make sure they remember to bring or wear dance-appropriate clothing on dance days.
- Remembrance Day: All of our Elementary classes — Lower and Upper — will be attending the Dundas Legion’s Remembrance Day ceremonies on Wednesday, November 11. The students will walk down the street to the ceremony at about 10:00 and are expected to be there for about an hour and a half. Parents are welcome to meet us there (corner of King and Market). Please keep an eye on the forecast and make sure they have weather-appropriate clothing. Thank you.
But Wait, There’s More…
- For those families who had retake photos done, your proofs are in. Please pick them up today and return with your choices on Monday, November 9. Thank you.
- Scholastic orders have also arrived and are available for pick-up in the office.
- Finally, please take a look through the lost and found. The cool mornings and hot afternoons this week have been good to the lost and found cabinet.
Not much on the calendar, but lots going on in the Dundas Valley Montessori School environments: