As you can see in the slideshow above, and as you may have seen our Facebook page earlier this week, one of our Upper Elementary Montessori students gave a dry ice demonstration to our Upper and Lower Elementary students. Check out the amazed looks on some of their faces. Thank you to the student’s parents for helping make this possible.
You may have noticed you have started receiving a few more emails from your children’s Montessori guides in addition to this weekly “Events and Info” email and post. We are hoping to increase communication between our families and the individual Montessori environments, so keep an eye out for occasional class-wide emails and individual emails about what your kids are up to in their magical, mysterious Montessori environments.
As you know, Parent-Teacher interviews are happening this week. If you haven’t yet signed up for interview timeslot, please do so by clicking right here.
Also, as we emailed to you on Wednesday, we are adding childcare for all DVMS children (except toddlers — sorry) on the Friday, whether you have an interview or not. Armando, Sarah, and Justin will be keeping things entertaining and interesting. The day will run from 8:30 to 4:00. Please let us know if you will be taking advantage of the Friday childcare by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lower Elementary Karate: There is no karate on Friday, April 15, due to Parent-Teacher interviews.
Throughout April, DVMS Lower Elementary students will be taking part in karate, at DVMS, with Gord Waddell of United Family Martial Arts. They will have karate on either Monday or Friday in mixed groups made up of children from both Lower North and South. They have been told, and will be reminded about, which group they are in. Please help by prompting your child to remember to wear or bring comfortable clothing that they can move in on karate days. Thank you.
Upper Elementary Track and Field: There is no track and field at McMaster on Friday, April 15, due to Parent-Teacher interviews.
On Fridays in April, from 1:00-3:00, DVMS Upper Elementary students will be spending their afternoons at McMaster working with the coaches and student athletes of the McMaster track team. They will need appropriate clothing and footwear (and a water bottle), and will be taking advantage of McMaster’s indoor and outdoor facilities. Students will be bused to McMaster, but we ask that parents pick up at McMaster before 3:30. Please make your way to the main entrance of the David Braley Athletic Centre. (Enter McMaster at the Sterling St. entrance). As always, if you are not able to pick up at McMaster, please let us know and we will arrange to carpool your child back to DVMS for 3:45 dismissal. Thank you.
But wait, there’s more:
- Pizza Day for Upper and Lower Elementary students: On Thursday, April 14, two of our Upper Elementary students will be offering a Pizza Lunch Day for Upper and Lower Elementary students. Pizza will be $2 per slice for cheese and/or pepperoni. Order envelopes will come home on Friday, April 8. Please return them by Tuesday morning, April 12, to the drop in box in the office. They are raising funds to help offset the cost of fixing up our baseball diamond.
- Carpool Help?: One of our families is wondering if anyone is interested in a carpooling arrangement from the central Hamilton area. Their child is in the Toddler Community. See below:
Dear fellow parents,
We are trying to arrange a daily carpool/rideshare to DVMS from central Hamilton. Our son Charlie loves attending DVMS, but we aren’t exactly loving driving to Dundas twice a day! Maybe you feel the same way? Please contact DVMS at email@example.com if you are interested in discussing how we can share the commute – we are flexible and looking forward to finding a solution that maximizes ease for all involved! Anna, Carla & Charlie.
- Re-enrolment Forms: Just a reminder to please drop into the office and sign the hard copies of your re-enrolment forms for the 2016-2017 school year (and drop off post-dated cheques) if you haven’t already. There are still a few outstanding. Thank you.
- Summer Camp Registration is Available: DVMS is once again offering summer camps for Casa-aged children. Information and registration is now available.
- Lost Key?: Did anybody lose this set of keys? A child found it on the playground on Thursday at recess. It’s in the office.
- Mud and Water and Muck, Oh My: So… the winter of rain and mud has become the spring of rain and snow and mud. As we’re sure you’ve noticed, the playground is still a mucky mess, and we often get four seasons-worth of weather in one day. In addition to keeping an eye on the forecast and ensuring they have weather appropriate clothing each day, we’re recommending each child has a good supply of spare clothes on hand at DVMS (especially socks and pants, and even for elementary children if you know they are especially prone to wet, muddy adventures). Thank you.