- Lower Zumba
- Upper Ball Room Dancing
- Parent Observations and Interviews Nov. 19-21st
- Junior Girls Basketball
- Up Coming Events
- Zumba: Both Lower Elementary classes will begin Zumba this Friday and will continue on Friday the 16th and 30th. Zumba will take place in the DVMS gym and the instructor will run two sessions back to back from 1:30 to 2:30 and 2:30 to 3:30. Students are asked to dress in clothing that they can move in and running shoes.
- Dance: Upper Elementary students will be participating in a dance program, at DVMS, on Friday Nov. 9, 16 and 30th. They will be focusing on Ballroom this year with Dan Lee.
Dan has been teaching Ballroom for nearly twenty years. He provides students with the best possible value and enjoyment while delivering a light-hearted fun dance lesson. In addition to private and group lessons, Dan has also been hired to teach large groups in schools and at special events. In his spare time, Dan volunteers at Culture Link where he helps New Canadians settle in the Toronto area.
Information and Reminders
- DVMS Parent Observations and Interviews: Parent observations in your child’s DVMS Montessori environments, and Parent-Teacher interviews with your child’s Montessori guides, will take place throughout the week of November 19-23.
Please note: there is no school on Friday, Nov. 23, due to the Parent-Teacher interviews.
- Parent Observations: Observations will be held between 9:00-11:00 a.m. on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, Nov. 20-22, and are an opportunity for you to spend time quietly observing in your child’s Montessori environment prior to your Parent-Teacher interview. Observation sessions are 15 minutes and are for parents only (there will be opportunities for grandparents and other family members to visit during Show Me Day and Grandparents’ Day in February and May, respectively). Please read the “DVMS Observation Guidelines” prior to your visit.
- Observations are not held in the Toddler Community as it is difficult for the toddlers to have mom and dad come into the environment and then leave without them.
- Casa and Lower Elementary parents, please select your child’s Montessori environment and an observation time slot here:
- Parent-Teacher Interviews: Interviews will be held from 4:00-8:00 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 22, and from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 23.
- Interviews are 20-minutes in length and childcare is available during your interview session.
- Toddler Community interviews will take place on Wednesday after school.
- We ask that you please be on time for your interview and that you do not stay beyond the scheduled interview timeslot so that everyone can stay on schedule. Thank you.
- There will not be formal interviews for the Bambini Classroom. The Casa teachers are in close contact with Mary and Lisa and will be able to address questions and concerns. If you are still feeling like you need a one on one interview with Mary and Lisa, please let us know.
- Childcare will be available free of charge during your interview times. With the exception of the Toddler interviews on Wednesday night.
- Please select your child’s Montessori environment and an interview time slot here.
- Junior Girls Basketball: Congratulations to all of the girls who played on the Junior Girls Basketball team. Every single one of the girls played with heart, dignity and grace. It was a wonderful opportunity for the girls to play on a team together and develop friendships that moved beyond the classroom. We are so proud of your efforts and determination. Pizza Party lunch details to follow.
Fun Family Events
Another quiet weekend on the event-listing front, but it might be a good time to dive into big piles of leaves.
- Remembrance Day in Dundas: Please find the link below to the Dundas Legion for times and location of services this Sunday, November 11th.
- Santa Clause Parade: This year’s Santa Clause Parade will be held on Saturday November 18th and 4:30pm. Please find the link below for the parade details.
November 14th- Kids Cafe @ 3:30
November 19th-21st: Observations:
November 22nd-23rdParent Teacher Interviews
November 23rd: NO SCHOOL for Interviews
December 20th- Last day of First Term
December 21st- Holiday Concert
One more thing:
On the night before her wedding, Mary dreams of a thunderstorm, during which she unexpectedly meets Charlie sheltering in a barn beside his horse… A play with a heart as big as the skies that serve as its stage, Mary’s Wedding is an epic, unforgettable story of love, hope, and survival.