- Lower Zumba
- Upper dance
- Outdoor clothing
- Lice reminder
- Dundas Tree Lighting
- Flamborough Santa Claus Parade
- AGH Family Day
- Zumba: Lower Elementary will continue their Zumba lessons on Friday, Nov. 30th and Friday, December 7th. Please ensure that your child is wearing comfortable clothing and running shoes.
- Dance: Upper Elementary students will be participating in Ballroom Dancing on Nov. 30th and December 7th. We have been fortunate enough to have the space at Bend Yoga available for us. Students will be walking to and from the studio. Please ensure your child has socks and a water bottle.
Information and Reminders
- Outdoor Clothing: We just want to remind everyone to please make sure children come to school each day with the appropriate accoutrements for the weather — toques, mitts/gloves, rubber/winter boots, warm coats, and the like. We ask the younger children to wear all the warm-and-dry things you send with them when they go outside for recess, and ask them to double-check when they claim to not have things like hats and mitts. Children are also asked to not play in the mud, but, well… you know. As the weather gets colder, please try to avoid cloth/knit/material gloves and mittens; they get wet and then little hands get cold. A good supply of spare clothes, especially pants and socks, are a good idea at this time of year too.
- Lice Reminder: On the subject of weather gear, winter hats, ear muffs, etc., lice are around; please remind children not to share or wear other peoples headgear.
- Elementary East Bake Sale: Hello, we are three students from Upper Elementary East. Our names are Mina Knopper, Sofia Mazzadi and Adelaide Sadler. Some of the things we will be making are pink lemonade, caramel dipped rice crisps with gummy bears, lemon birthday cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies, cherry cake, meringues, and gingerbread cookies. Our bake sale will be at lunch on Friday December 7th. We hope to see you there!….With your money!
Fun Family Events
- Dundas Tree Lighting: Friday, November 23, 7:00 pm at Memorial Square, (King & Sydenham) in Downtown Dundas.
Canada’s oldest tree lighting ceremony. Enjoy complimentary hot cider and treats. A medley of holiday music will be performed by Joan Ballantyne, The Harlequin Singers and the Dundas Concert Band. Then sing Father Christmas into town as he arrives on a Firetruck for a visit with the kids.
- 2018 Flamborough Santa Claus Parade: Saturday, Nov. 24, 6:30. Click here for parade website, including route.
- Art Gallery of Hamilton Annual Family Day: 1:00 – 4:00, Sunday, November 25, Free admission. Click here for the AGH website including event schedule.
This annual celebration opens the doors of the AGH to families and individuals for an afternoon of art, music and fun. If you are regular visitors, this is our thanks and welcome back event. If you haven’t come to the Gallery with your family before, it is the perfect opportunity to give it a try. Our activities are creative and casual – spend ten minutes or the whole afternoon with us. Activities are most enjoyable when you all work together.
All ages, parents are required to stay with their children at all times.
Thank you for joining us this week for Observations. We hope that this glimpse into your child’s world