- March Break and Casa Camp
- Parent Observations and Interviews
- Talent Show
- Maple Syrup Festival
- Camps with Colin and Justin
- Don’t forget to check the DVMS calendar to stay up to date.
This is your last “Events and Info” post for a few weeks.
March Break runs from March 11 to March 22 this year. DVMS will host a March Break camp for children during the second week of March Break: Monday, March 18 to Friday, March 22.
March Break Camp:
DVMS will host a March Break camp for DVMS Casa children during the second week of March Break: Monday, March 19 to Friday, March 23.
DVMS will host a March Break camp for DVMS children during the second week of March Break: Monday, March 18 to Friday, March 22. This camp will be run by Kathy Cope from The Carnegie Gallery and Dundas Valley School of Art. The camp will be at DVMS.
Camp will run full day 9:00-3:30. There is no before or aftercare. Cost for the week is $230.
Children will require a packed, healthy, litterless lunch each day, and all children should bring healthy snacks for morning and afternoon.
Space is limited, so please register as soon as possible. Click here to register.
Please make cheques payable to “DVMS.” Payment by E-Transfer may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show Me Day
- Show Me Day takes place Wednesday, March 6, from 9:00-11:00, for Casa and Lower Elementary children and their parents. Show Me Day is a chance for you to spend part of a morning with your children in their Montessori environments. During your 20-minute visit, they will show you some of their favourite Montessori jobs and/or some of their favourite pieces of work that they have completed or are working on. This is always a very exciting day for the children as they have the opportunity to invite you into their Montessori worlds. We are requesting that children remain at school after your visit. Having some children leave and others stay part way through the day is disruptive to the children’s work cycle. Thank you for understanding.
- Parents of Upper Elementary students, your children will be presenting speeches later on in the term.Click on the links below to sign up for your time:Casa North
- Parent-Teacher interviews will take place during the evening of Thursday, March 7, and the morning of Friday, March 8 (DVMS is closed on Friday; there is no school). As always, childcare will be available during your interview. (Note: if you were asked to pre-book an interview, you do not need to sign up again). If you haven’t already done so, please click the link below to sign up.
- There are no Elementary Activities planned for March because of the PD day for conferences and a two week March Break. We are looking forward to Track and Field for the Upper Elementary students and Dance for the Lower Elementary students when we return from March Break.
Elementary Talent Show
- Some Upper Elementary students are hosting a talent show in the school gym on March 7th at 10:00 am-11:30 am. Upper and Lower Elementary parents are welcome to come and watch the students performing their talents. If you would like to donate we will be collecting donations for next years Montessori Model United Nations Conference.
Thanks, and we hope to see you there!
Ella Boylan, Chloe Speziale, Alexia Gamble, Yazmeen Deschenes, and Ruby Hudecki
Information and Reminders
- Parking Reminders: Our parking lot poses challenges on the best of days. With the piles of snow that have been plowed, it is even more precarious. We are asking that ONLY Toddler and Casa Parents use the lot to drop off. If you have an Elementary child, we are asking you to drop them off at the bottom of the driveway and let them walk up. Please also note that parking along the walkway fence is not permitted as it is a fire route and also makes it impossible for cars to maneuver in the lot. Thank you for understanding.
- DVMS Parent Looking for care: After school care needed for a 2-year-old boy in the toddler program. Looking for either 2 or 3 days a week (your choice of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday, doesn’t even have to be the same days each week!) from when school’s out at 3:30pm until 5:15pm, $35 each day. Ideally looking for someone close to the school. If in walking distance I can provide a stroller, or if by car, I can provide a car seat.I’m sending this message out in the hopes that a fellow Montessori parent has the patience (strength? endurance?) to add another little one to their after-school activities for less than two hours a shot.
Tara Crugnale (Tristan Miu’s mom).
- 3rd Annual DVMS/Strata Canoe, Kayak and Mountain Bike Camps for Summer 2019.
This summer, Justin Metz (Strata guide) and Colin Fox (PE teacher at DVMS) are offering 3 unique outdoor recreation opportunities for DVMS Upper Elementary Students, Strata Montessori Students, and parents: Canoeing in Algonquin, kayaking in the Minks and McCoy Islands of Georgian Bay, and a Mountain Bike Camp in Dundas Valley. To participate in any these trips, no previous camping, nor paddling experience is necessary, although all participants would benefit from being physically fit with a positive attitude. For more information on these, and other outdoor recreation trips visit Silver Fox Expeditions and complete the Sign-Up form.
Fun Family Events
- Maple Syrup Festival:
Sundays at Westfield Heritage Village starting this Sunday, March 10, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Click here for details and directions. https://westfieldheritage.ca/uncategorized/the-sweet-taste-of-spring-heres-what-you-need-to-know/
The Maple Syrup Festival is an annual tradition for many including the volunteers at Westfield. When visiting us there are a few things that you may want to keep in mind. The Festival is taking place on Sundays, March 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31, as well as Wed. March 13 and Thursday, March 14 during March Break. Our hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The St. George Lions Club is looking after our pancake house. Their menu is as follows: Pancakes – 1.00, Sausage – 2/1.00, Ham – 1.00, Syrup – .25 cents, Butter 2/.25 cents Coffee, Tea, Juice, Hot Cider, Milk, Pop, Water- $1.50. The Lions group is only able to take cash so you will want to bring some extra cash to enjoy the delicious pancakes. The pancakes are available from 10:00 to 4:00 p.m.